Sunday, December 8, 2013

Microfiber Burp Cloths

My 7 year old edged some microfiber cleaning rags on the serger and we have been decorating them to make them cute enough to use for baby burp wipes.

I used an applique method that is super easy!  The secret is some stuff called "Heat and Bond". It's double sided iron on stickiness. I followed a tutorial by Sew Sara and made little letters to sew on the burp cloths. I think she may have even made burp cloths with the same words on them, I am not sure. But, it should be noted that this isn't my idea. I saw it somewhere.

I printed the words on the computer and traced them onto the fusing paper. Important thing that I didn't do, trace them backward! I had to freehand cut some of them because I printed them the right way which flipped them backward and that just wasn't right.

Once I got all of the tiny cutting done, I ironed them on and sewed around the edges of each letter. Easy Peasy!


When all was said and done, we made almost two dozen burp cloths! Not all of them have an applique on them, some have a ribbon or a decorative trim along the edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment