Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cars Twirly Skirts


I love this Redondo skirt pattern! It comes together so nicely and the kids just love to twirl in these skirts. The pattern is from Studio Tantrum.

This time I tried something different: Five panels and five thin panels for stripes.  I really like how it came out!  The thin stripes broke up the busy print fabric nicely without being too bold. I will do this again, the thin stripes. It measured out to be a little more than if I had used 6 panels, not too much but still lots of twirl.

I also decided to try to invent some sort of yoga waistband. I used ribbing and some knit elastic, I'm not sure if I got the desired effect, but close enough. It's soft and can be folded over. I think I'll make the waistband longer and easier to fold over. It should be comfortable and hold tight at the same time.

I made two of these skirts. They are birthday gifts for two adorable little girls who love Lightning McQueen. I'm so glad they adore these skirts because they are sure a lot of fun to sew!


No comments:

Post a Comment