Saturday, July 26, 2014

I have an Idea!

A couple of years ago, my mom came to visit me and she brought with her two lovely old dresses from her friend Gladys. Gladys is in her 90s now and she made these dresses for her daughter's prom. I'm going to guess that the dresses are aproximately 50 years old.

Gladys wants me to make something pretty and fun for the girls to wear out of the old dresses. They are special to her and she wants to see them revived and made into something new. They are definatly out of style, but the fabric is good and still pretty. 

One dress is white and has a white lace piece that may be a veil or a shawl or something, and the other dress is a light green with pink flowers printed in stripes. The green one is just the right shade of green for Tinkerbell or Tiana, but the floral print isn't right for them. I can't think of another princess who wears green.

I put the dresses in the back of the closet and waited for inspiration to strike, and then I sort of forgot about them. I'm a visual person, if I can't see it I tend to forget.

My mom recently reminded me that Gladys was waiting for me to sew those old dresses into something fabulous.  So, I looked in all the closets until I found where I had stashed them, and drug them out.  Hmmm...

And then it hit me!  The green dress is perfect!  I'll make a Princess Anna dress!  Anna's coronation dress is the perfect costume to make!  I'm excited now!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you got inspiration. Be sure to take pics of the finished product and the model for it too. I won't mention it to Gladys until you get it done. Don't want to get her all excited too soon. But she will be so pleased that you can use it. She has been impressed with all the dresses you made for the kids.

    ReplyDelete