Monday, January 19, 2015

Dog Coats

I decided to make dog coats. I'm not sure why exactly, just because I suppose.

I've had this pattern for a while now, it's been sitting idle for a couple of years in my pattern collection. I haven't even tried it yet! Today seemed like a good time to try it out, so I did.

Now that I have my Etsy shop, I have a good excuse to make multiple items. I chose some fabrics and started cutting. It's nice to be able to use up my smaller pieces of minky fabric. That will make a nice warm dog coat.

The coat looks more like a small horse blanket. Maybe I should make one for Libby's Barbie doll horse. She might like that.

I chose several combos and started putting them together. The pattern calls for two thin straps to go under the belly of the dog, but I think one wide strap would work better.

I finished them off with velcro and then I was ready to dress my dog!  Penny wasn't such a willing participant in my quest to make her adorable. Apparently, she thinks she's cute enough without a coat. Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment