Saturday, January 4, 2014

Baby Blanket for James


Soon, very very soon, James will arrive. He's overdue right now. His mama is excited.

Maybe he'll feel more welcome in this world with a soft blanket.  (I'm guessing he already has some waiting; I'm pretty sure his parents are ready).

I made this little blanket out of leftover fabrics.  I had some leftover dog minky from Halloween, and I had some leftover tan Cars fabric.  Actually, the cars fabric was going to be a dress for Gracie, but I never did get it made and then she lost interest in wearing Cars dresses.  Anyway, I still had it and the fabrics matched up nicely!  Yay for nice big scraps!

Since I overpurchased these fabrics quite some time ago and they now considered scraps, they are also in my mind considered cost free. Free! This blanket cost nothing! 

All I did was put the two layers together and topstitch the edges. There isn't any stuffing in between since the minky is so fluffy already. The blanket is small, just a little carseat or stroller blanket, or a good lovey sized blanket. But it won't keep him warm if he grows long legs in a few years.

Hurry up, James.

*Update:  Baby James arrived on January 8th.  He sure likes his soft blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment