Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pantsuit for Grandma

My grandma is my biggest sewing fan; she loves everything I make!  Honestly, I'm not sure if that is entirely true because she would never hint otherwise.

I made a pantsuit for her once.  This was probably around 1995. I cannot remember.  I know I sewed this when I lived in the house on Filmore Street, which means I used my Brother machine.  

My Brother sewing machine was just a basic machine. It was my first machine. It wasn't fancy, but it had a buttonhole stitch which I used extensively.  

My grandma wanted me to make her a nice pantsuit. I tried my best, which at that time was not too bad! I've gained skills now though and I am sure I could do a much better job now that I have a serger and my sewing skills are more polished (still have lots to learn though).

I don't know if my grandma wore this pantsuit more than once, but she at least posed for this picture.  She looks thrilled, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment