Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bunny Backpacks

Here's an old one!  I made these adorable bunny backpacks in April 1999.  The girls loved them!  They were something I saw in a magazine and I cut out the photo and instructions and went home and made them. I remember being thrilled with the fact that they turned out so well!

They are a basic backpack with a zip top. The straps are not adjustable but they were made to fit and worked well.

The face of the backpack is a pink bottom half (which would have been fun to make into a pocket, but I didn't think of it then). The bunny arms are stuffed, they are pink with white tips for paws. The ears are floppy, just hanging from the top seam. And the eyes are large plastic google eyes that I purchased and glued on.  The nose was a little pom-pom and the mouth was hand embroidered.  I had rick-rack to add to the neckline between the bunny face and pink clothing piece.

It's just so cute!

My daughters handed me this photo that they found in an old photo album and asked if I would make bunny backpacks for Easter next year. Awww! My girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment