Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Yellow Sweater Dress

Any color will do, but my little yellow lover will look cute in this!

I was out shopping and found this large yellow sweater on the clearance rack. I had to buy it for my five  year old!

I started by laying a dress that fits well onto the sweater.
Then I cut out the basic shape using the red dress for a guide for the A-line dress shape and the sleeve points. The length was just right!
Then I sewed the front and back together at the neckline and attached the sleeves to the body, leaving the sides and under the sleeves open.
Next I put the right sides together and sewed from wrist to hem, making sure to keep the armpit intersection nice and matched up.
Flipped it around the right way and that's it! One yellow sweater dress! So sweet and cozy!
I would love to take a photo of her wearing it, but she's got it covered in sidewalk chalk and juice and various other colorful spits and spots. It's been through two wearings already. Next time I'll get a photo of her wearing it. So far, it's holding up rather well!

No comments:

Post a Comment